“Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
THE REVERSE MORTGAGE
Worried about retirement and concerned that you’re not ready?
You are certainly not alone. Most people do not feel financially prepared for this next phase of life and find planning overwhelming.
Looking at retirement planning holistically is incredibly important and taking into consideration all of your assets.
One significant asset is your home.
A reverse mortgage is a strategic tool that will put your home equity to work for you and help you better meet your retirement goals.
Below is a comprehensive overview on reverse mortgages that highlights the following:
- What is a reverse mortgage
- What you can do with a reverse mortgage
- Are you eligible for a reverse mortgage
- The key consumer protections and safeguards in place for reverse mortgages
- Details on the HomeSafe suite of reverse mortgage solutions
- Advantages of reverse mortgages vs. a HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit)
- Hypothetical examples of retirement scenarios
- Frequently Asked Questions
- The loan process
- What the respected media has to say about reverse mortgages
The Wall Street Journal/Real Estate
“Homeowners sitting on significant equity due to rising home values or because they’ve paid off their mortgage could be a good fit. They can, of course, unlock that equity by selling their properties or getting home-equity loans or lines of credit. But for older Americans who want to stay in their home or supplement their income without assuming additional debt, a better option might be the jumbo reverse mortgage.”
– Robyn A. Friedman, Contributor, “Senior Homeowners Give Reverse Jumbo Mortgages New Life.”